UPDATE: Due to damage, Anthem of the Seas will return back to Bayonne, NJ. The remainder of the voyage is canceled. Guests will receive a full refund and a future cruise credit.
Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas was off the coast of North Carolina last night when it experienced some rough winds and weather while starting a Caribbean cruise.
— Jacob Ibrag (@jaybrag) February 8, 2016
Photo reports on Twitter show the events.
— the Weatherboy (@theWeatherboy) February 8, 2016
A statement from Royal Caribbean said, the ship encountered some high winds and seas during its transit to Port Canaveral, Florida. In an abundance of caution, the Captain asked all guests to stay in their staterooms until the weather improved. There has been no damage to the ship due to the weather.
Excellent satellite depiction (GOES-13 VIS+IR) this morning of well-matured extratropical cyclone off the East Coast pic.twitter.com/Pwh6t8kC45
— Zack Labe (@ZLabe) February 8, 2016
Photo credit: Twitter/@flatgreg
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 23, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022