UPDATE: Due to damage, Anthem of the Seas will return back to Bayonne, NJ. The remainder of the voyage is canceled. Guests will receive a full refund and a future cruise credit.
Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas was off the coast of North Carolina last night when it experienced some rough winds and weather while starting a Caribbean cruise.
— Jacob Ibrag (@jaybrag) February 8, 2016
Photo reports on Twitter show the events.
— the Weatherboy (@theWeatherboy) February 8, 2016
A statement from Royal Caribbean said, the ship encountered some high winds and seas during its transit to Port Canaveral, Florida. In an abundance of caution, the Captain asked all guests to stay in their staterooms until the weather improved. There has been no damage to the ship due to the weather.
Excellent satellite depiction (GOES-13 VIS+IR) this morning of well-matured extratropical cyclone off the East Coast pic.twitter.com/Pwh6t8kC45
— Zack Labe (@ZLabe) February 8, 2016
Photo credit: Twitter/@flatgreg
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021