I just got off the Carnival Dream doing a tour for the website.
Today was the very first embarkation day for the Dream out of Port Canaveral. Carnival was very prepared too, with a lot of extra staff out of their Miami based headquarters to assist.
One thing that really got to m when I was waiting to go through security was the fact that the passengers were just not prepared to go through the security detectors. Granted I know a lot of people don’t travel all that often and security has been really tight after September 2001 but seriously?
Have the following items ready to go:
- Have your Passport/State Issued ID/ Birth Certificate available
- Boarding pass issued by the cruise line
- Make sure your laptop is out of the case
- Wallets, Watches, Rings, Bracelets, Phones, Keys, .. etc, ready to be placed in the receptacle
- If you are asked to remove jewelry, step aside and be courteous to other folks
That is my little rant for the day. If you have any other advice for security embarkation please feel free to let me know!