James Taylor said it best “In my mind, I’m gone to Carolina,” now it’s a reality for Carnival Cruise Lines and I couldn’t be more excited. The residents couldn’t be happier either I am sure.
Starting May 2010, the 2056 passenger Carnival Fantasy class ship, well the Fantasy, will make its debut in Charleston, SC with year round sailings.
As quoted from cruisewatch.com the ship will offer “Five-day voyages departing Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays will call at Nassau and Freeport, The Bahamas. Six-day voyages departing Saturdays will visit Freeport, Nassau and Key West, Fla. Seven-day voyages depart Saturdays and will feature Grand Turk, the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay, and Nassau.”
What does this mean? More east coast sailing options!
I first sailed on the ship when it was fourteen years old. The Carnival Fantasy is now coming up on 20 years but that shouldn’t be a deterrent, it underwent two refurbs (2003 and 2005). Not only do LED lights, glamour, and Vegas style entertainment surround the ship, a waterpark, an adults only area with two hot tubs, wireless internet throughout the whole ship, recently added connecting state rooms, flat screens, and….. the list goes on.
Next week on “Cruise and Blog Radio,” we will be getting the reaction and interviews from the folks who live in Charleston, SC about the news of the year around sailings. With the economy crap, this should be great news and be providing many opportunities.
The Fantasy currently sails out of New Orleans, LA.
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — January 26, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]