Following the launch of cruises from the US to Cuba aboard Carnival Corporation’s brand Fathom last year, the company’s namesake brand is now getting in on a bit of the action. Carnival Cruise Line has officially received approval to sail to Cuba, and the capital of Havana will be added to select Carnival Paradise voyages from Tampa beginning this June.
The overnight visits will be included on twelve 4 and 5-day cruises starting with a 4-day on June 29, 2017. The other four-day cruises will depart July 13, August 24, September 7 and 21, and October 5 and 19, 2017, as well as May 3, 2018. These cruises include a day and overnight stop there. Five-day voyages will depart August 14 and 28, September 25 and October 9, and also include a daytime and overnight visit to Havana, as well as a stop in either Cozumel or Key West.
Guests will be able to choose from a range of shore excursion experiences that showcase Cuba’s culture and beauty, along with the island’s friendly residents and centuries-old architectural landmarks.
Aboard Carnival Paradise
Aboard the ship, guests will enjoy a variety of amenities and a full schedule of activities and entertainment. Dining options include two full-service main dining rooms as well as different poolside choices. There’s also the 12,000 square foot spa and the Serenity adults-only area.
Popular family programming includes the partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises called Seuss at Sea, kid’s clubs, and four swimming pools and a 115-foot water slide.
The visits to Havana comply with US travel regulations to Cuba, and feature approved activities that are defined by the US Department of Commerce. A passport is required for all cruises that call in Cuba.
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 23, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant