Cunard has announced the headliner for their third Blue Note jazz-themed transatlantic crossing aboard Queen Mary 2 on October 25, 2016. Grammy Award-winning singer and songwriter Gregory Porter delighted his fans with his powerhouse performances during the first, October 29 “Jazz at Sea” crossing, and he’s coming back to do it again.
Porter recently took home his second Jazz FM award for “International Jazz Artist of the Year,” and The New York Times described him as “a jazz singer of thrilling presence, a booming baritone with a gift for earthy refinement and soaring uplift.” His third studio album, Liquid Spirit, made the top 10 on UK album charts.
Blue Note Records and Cunard’s first “Jazz at Sea” crossing included performances by jazz pianist and record producer Robert Glasper, trumpet player Keyon Harrold, tenor saxophonist Marcus Strickland, guitarist Lionel Loueke, bassist Derrick Hodge, and drummer Kendrick Scott.
During the first crossing, lounges and public spaces were transformed to jazz destinations, including the Chart Room, G32, and Illuminations. The cruise also included Q&A sessions with the artists.
The special jazz transatlantic crossing will also feature other noteworthy jazz artists that will be announced soon. For more information, click here.
- Carnival President Tells NBC Nightly News They Still Plan on July Restart
- Another Carnival Corp. Ship Resumes Cruises From Italy
- CDC Eases Testing Requirements For Fully-Vaccinated Cruise Passengers
- New Norwegian Cruise Ship Boasts Record-Breaking Sales
- Royal Caribbean Pulls Odyssey Out Of Israel As Violence Increases
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Upcoming Mardi Gras’ Godmother
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 9, 2021
- 11 Popular Things To Do in Key West, Florida
- Disney Wish Tour: The Images That Will Leave You Breathless
- Azamara Announces New Onboard ‘Destination Celebration’ Events
DESTINATIONS5 days ago
5 Free Public Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Florida’s Governor Just Insulted a Major Cruise Line
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Federal Court Judge To Decide On Florida’s Call For Injunction Over CDC Rules
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Sensation Arrives at US Port to Begin Crew Vaccinations [PHOTOS]