Marilyn Monroe fans – this is for you!
Cunard announced today that select pieces from Marilyn Monroe’s personal collections from the estate of Lee Strasberg will be onboard Queen Mary 2 from August 9-16, 2016. The cruise line, along with Julien’s Auctions will showcase highlights from David Gainsborough Roberts’ Marilyn Monroe film worn collection.
The items from Strasberg’s estate include a wide variety of things once owned by Monroe, and it represents the biggest collection of personal artifacts from the actress ever offered at auction.
Besides being an actor and director himself, Lee Strasberg is considered the father of method acting in the United States. Marilyn was close friends with he and his wife, and he ultimately gave all of her personal belongings and clothing to Lee in her will. The collection is touring the world before the auction in November, and offers film worn costumes from the actress’ career, and personal pieces of jewelry, handbags, letters, and poems.
On the seven-night transatlantic crossing from New York, guests will enjoy:
- a daily rotating exhibition of Marilyn Monroe memorabilia
- exclusive opportunity to bid on choice items in advance of the general auction in November
- Q&A with Julien’s Auctions executives Darren Julien, founder and CEO, and Martin Nolan, Executive Director
- Q&A with David Gainsborough-Roberts
- personal appearance and photo ops with famed Monroe impersonator Suzie Kennedy as Marilyn Monroe
Queen Mary 2 will have just come out of her 25-day dry dock, where the Princess and Queens Grills staterooms and restaurant will have been redesigned, new dining venues and lounges will have been added, and the only kennels at sea will be expanded.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review