Luxury cruise line Cunard and 20th Century Fox have partnered to roll out the red carpet when Queen Mary 2 hosts the world premiere of “The Greatest Showman” in December. Starring Hugh Jackman, Michelle Williams, Zac Efron, Rebecca Ferguson, and Zendaya, “The Greatest Showman” is an original musical that tells the story of visionary P.T. Barnum and now he created the Barnum & Bailey Circus. The film will debut Christmas Day; December 25, 2017.
P.T. Barnum sailed multiple times on various Cunard ships to cross the Atlantic between New York and England. His most notable voyage was in 1850, when he invited legendary opera singer Jenny Lind to come to America with him to be part of his show. The sailed into New York City on Cunard’s Cambria with almost 40,000 fans greeting them at the dock.
Scenes from the movie were shot in the original US headquarters of Cunard, an Italian renaissance-style landmark building located at 25 Broadway in lower Manhattan. A number of scenes were also shot in Brooklyn – Queen Mary 2‘s US homeport. “The Greatest Showman”‘s Emmy Award-winning costume designer Ellen Mirojnick will also sail in December on the Transatlantic Crossing from New York to England following the premiere, offering talks on her career and showcasing her designs from the movie while mingling with guests.
With 20th Century Fox, Cunard has also announced a sweepstakes that will award the winner and a guest with the chance to attend the premiere. Click here for more information.
- Why New Cruisers Are To Blame For Higher Fees
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 12, 2020
- 180 Day Bucket-List Cruise Setting Sail in 2022
- Weather Delays Impact Two Carnival Cruises
- Cruise Line Sued Over Bed Bug Infestation
- Viking Ocean Cruises is Launching an Expedition Brand
- Viking Ocean Ship Christened in Unique Ceremony
- 10 Scenic Destinations for a Holiday in the Midst of the Deep Blue Sea
- Carnival Ship Skips Two Ports and Makes Unexpected Stop
- The Cruiser’s Guide To Alaskan Train Rides