A panel of judges comprised of nationally renowned cruise industry experts named Cunard Line’s Queen Elizabeth “Best Luxury Cruise Ship for Entertainment” and “Best Luxury Cruise Ship for Atrium Design” for this year’s Travel Weekly Magellan Awards. The “Best Luxury Cruise Ship” awards signify the ocean liner’s prevalence in providing the ultimate luxury cruise for which Cunard is known. With more than 550 entries from around the world, the Magellan Award winners represent the best in the travel industry and salute the outstanding travel professionals behind it all.
“It is most rewarding for our youngest Queen to receive such high accolades from the industry’s most notable and respected experts,” said Peter Shanks, president of Cunard Line. “The tribute is a testament to our ongoing commitment to provide world-class entertainment offerings, as well as our signature, grand public spaces.”
Queen Elizabeth, the newest and second largest Cunard ship ever built, offers the very best of Cunard’s heritage and traditions, along with classic and modern day luxuries and entertainment. She relives, in modern glamour, the high society culture of the 1930s and 40s. Travellers can partake in intimate dancing at the Yacht Club, engage in ballroom dance lessons, attend an exclusive Royal Nights themed ball, or see plays and musicals performed by the Queen Elizabeth Theatre Company – the largest production company at sea. The ship’s variety of theatrical productions includes:
- “La Danza” – a non-stop dance show highlighting emerging dance cultures from the rockabilly jive and fiery paso doble, to authentic Cuban beats
- “Hotel Royale” – a Cinderalla-esque story featuring a declining city hotel desperately in need of a makeover. With unusual guests and a dysfunctional staff, will this hotel be able to return to its prime?
- “Vanity Fair” – features popular music, dance and cultures of a bygone era, with a touch of the Avant Garde
- “Jazz, Blues & Rock’n’Roll” – accompanied by the Royal Court Theatre Orchestra, this enchanting performance is a show not to be missed!
Additionally, a vast array of enrichment opportunities is available, including the Cunard Book Club and award-winning Cunard Insights programme. Other leisurely pursuits can be enjoyed on the Games Deck, featuring croquet and lawn bowls greens. Guests may also rejuvenate at the spa, or indulge in daily, white-gloved afternoon tea.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia
- Cruise News Today — January 14, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Sunshine Resumes Cruises From Charleston
- Viking Neptune Floated Out at the Shipyard in Italy
- Royal Caribbean Further Extends Cruise With Confidence Program