In the final video of the “Conversations with Adam D. Tihany” series, the acclaimed hospitality designer reflects on his inspiration for designing ms Koningsdam‘s interior spaces, and the reasons that people travel. He wanted guests to create memorable experience aboard the ship, and an adventure that inspires them to return.
In the video, Tihany notes that when people travel, they usually desire a touch of glamour for their vacation experiences. He used this as his basis for the spaces aboard the ship, as well as his overall vision of the “architecture of music,” as many areas on Koningsdam hint at the curves of musical instruments.
“We need to do everything possible to surprise and delight our guests, and from my side it’s the design,” said Tihany. “The greatest thing people bring back from traveling the world is memories, and I want their memory of their experience on Koningsdam to be once-in-a-lifetime.”
The first video in the series was about how the architecture of music and the curves of different instruments influenced public spaces throughout the ship. The second video took a look at the ship’s various culinary venues.
To watch the third and final video in the series, click here.
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program