This year, Disney Cruise Line will be hosting a very special ‘Star Wars Day at Sea’ on eight select sailings aboard Disney Fantasy in the western Caribbean. The day-long celebrations will feature meet and greets, deck parties, unique food and beverage options, and Star Wars themed family and kids’ activities. Each sailing will have one Star Wars day, which will end with dazzling fireworks with a unique Star Wars touch.
Some Highlights will Include:
Force-filled Fun for Everyone:
- meet-and-greets and photos with Darth Vader, the Stormtroopers, R2-D2, Chewbacca, and more
- Star Wars trivia games for the whole family
- at noon, the ship’s horn will play the opening notes of the “Imperial March”
- in the evening, the adults nightclub The Tube will transform into a Star Wars party with cocktails themed to the movies, cantina music, and a trivia challenge
Kids using their power:
- children can learn the ways of the Jedi in ‘Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple’ and have a final battle with Darth Vader
- a battle of trivia and wits will ensue in ‘Padawan Mind Challenge’
- Star Wars themed arts and crafts, activities, and games will be offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab
Food, Beverage, and Merch:
- event merchandise will be available throughout the cruise, including eight collectible pins; one for each special sailing
- the dinner menu will include creative choices including Sand People salad, Bantha steak empanadas, Opee Sea Killer shrimp cocktail, and Qui-Gon’s crisp chicken. For dessert, there will be Calrissian velvet cake, Cloud City macarons, and a frozen carbonite sundae.
- special drinks will include a ‘Galaxy in a Glass’ made of rum, coconut, mango, and strawberry. There will also be a non-alcoholic Planetoid Punch
Deck Party and Fireworks:
- the day will come to a close with the ‘Summon the Force’ deck party
- the party will culminate in an epic show featuring the Star Wars characters with special effects and guest participation
- the grand finale is a fireworks show set to a medley of Star Wars music
- there will be screenings of all seven Star Wars films
- also showing will be episodes of the new Disney XD show, Star Wars Rebels
Star Wars Day at Sea will be on Disney Fantasy cruises sailing on Jan. 9, 23; Feb. 6, 20; March 5, 19; April 2 and 16, 2016. Departing from Port Canaveral, the seven-night western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands and Disney’s private island Castaway Cay.
To learn more, visit disneycruise.com.