Disney Cruise Line has become the latest cruise line to announce UK coastal sailings for this summer.
Residents of the United Kingdom will be able to sail aboard Disney Magic for its new ‘Disney Magic at Sea’ staycation sailings from UK ports. The vessel will operate two and three-night voyages, as well as limited four-night cruises roundtrip from London Tilbury, Newcastle, Liverpool, and Southampton.
“Our teams are bringing tremendous ingenuity and fun to these new cruises, tailoring them with care to the times we are living in, yet filling them with everything you’d expect from Disney, from great service and entertainment to immersive dining experiences and magic for the whole family,” said Thomas Mazloum, president of Disney Cruise Line.
The voyages will be “cruises to nowhere,” meaning that there will be no ports of call throughout the sailing. Instead, passengers will stay onboard and have time to experience what the ship has to offer, which includes family pools, kid’s clubs, West End-quality stage shows, and a variety of restaurants. Adults have their own sundeck, pool, spa, and nightlife to enjoy.
Instead of meet-and-greets, travelers will be able to capture physically distanced photos with characters like Captain Mickey, the Disney princesses, Anna and Elsa, and Toy Story characters.
Disney Cruise Line will be implementing multiple layers of health and safety measures considering guidance from the UK government, health authorities, and medical experts. This will include COVID-19 testing, health screenings, face coverings, reduced guest capacity, physical distancing, and enhanced cleaning. Notably, vaccinations for adult passengers will not be required.
These ‘Disney Magic at Sea’ staycation itineraries are expected to go on sale in April 2021, pending the issuance of UK government guidelines and authorizations.
- Viking Begins Mediterranean Cruises From Malta
- Bimini Island Welcomes First Carnival Cruise Ship
- Disney Will Restart Cruises From Florida in August 2021
- St. Kitts Welcomes Its First Cruise Ship Since Industry Shutdown
- Disney Cruise Line Wants To Base Ship Year-Round At Port Everglades
- Celebrity Cruises Wins 12 Awards From ‘Wine Spectator’ Magazine
- MSC Seashore Kids’ Clubs, Activities Detailed Ahead of Debut
- Alaska Welcomes First Revenue Cruise In Nearly Two Years
- 16 Photos of Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 
- Princess Cruises Announces Discovery Princess Leadership Team