Disney Cruise Line’s ship Disney Magic is going into dry dock early next year, and will emerge in March with some redesigned areas and new theming. The highlights of the renovation will include an adults-only café, transformed teen club, and a new family dining venue.
Rapunzel’s Royal Table
At the new dining venue themed around the story of “Tangled,” characters and live entertainment will transport guests to the kingdom of Corona for an evening of music and fun featuring Rapunzel and the mischievous thugs from the Snuggly Duckling.
Guests step inside a regal ballroom-themed space, lit by glowing lanterns and adorned with colorful drawings that reflect Rapunzel’s artistic talent. Throughout dinner, guests will be treated to spirited singing and dancing led by the maître d’, a band of musicians, the thugs, and Princess Rapunzel herself. The fun is complete with themed menus, special activities, and a lively parade. The charm of “Tangled” in Rapunzel’s Royal Table is the perfect pairing for “Tangled: The Musical” which is performed on each sailing.
Redesigned Teen Retreat
Vibe, the space for teens 14-17 is being transformed into a space with an urban loft feel. Teens will enjoy a new coffee and smoothie bar, play video and virtual reality games, and participate in a DJ spin-off and movie making.
Adults will be able to relax at Cove Café, an adults-only retreat that will be redesigned in a sophisticated tropical style. It’s a great place to sip tea or coffee during the day, and wine or a cocktail and light bites in the evenings. Drink tastings are also available at select times here for an additional fee. Just steps away, the Signals Bar will also be renovated with a similar design.
Elsewhere around Disney Magic, other highlights include the addition of Club Disney Junior in the Oceaneer Club for kids, and a redesigned Rainforest Room with steam and hydrotherapy in Senses Spa for adults.
The enhancements will debut aboard the ship starting March 9, 2018 on sailings from Miami, Florida. The four and five-night cruises visit Key West, Nassau, and Disney’s private island Castaway Cay. On May 14, Disney Magic will reposition to Europe for the summer season.
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reduces ‘Free At Sea’ Perks
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants
- Uncertain Future For Crystal Cruises as Parent Company Sinks Under Debt
- Holland America Extends Cancellation Policy through September 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 19, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships