While it may be near impossible to think of fall or winter during this nice hot summer we’re having, Disney Cruise Line has been busy planning out their Halloween and Christmas festivities – and they’re going to be tons of fun. I mean you do have to usually plan far in advance for a cruise anyway, right? So check out what the cruise line’s got brewing for the Halloween season this year!
Halloween on the High Seas will take place on most cruises aboard Disney Dream, Fantasy, and Magic from September through October this year. Features include themed parties, elaborate holiday décor, and special treats – including:
- Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party – games, dancing, and – of course – candy abound during this fun costume party. Disney characters will be wearing special Halloween costumes for the occasion, so show up prepared to have a ball!
- A Nightmare Before Christmas – Sing and Scream – this interactive movie experience involves the guests, and is followed by a meet and greet with Jack Skellington and Sally.
- Creepy Cabaret – A band of ghostly musicians perform live Halloween-themed music.
- Haunted Stories of the Sea – guests gather under the stars to hear some true (or not so true) tales of the sea.
- Halloween isn’t Just for Kids – adults aren’t left out of the Halloween fun aboard a Disney ship! There will be a costume contest, a Villainous Takeover on the dance floor, and more.
- Spooky Movies – Halloween-themed movies will be shown on the giant lido deck movie screen, as well as in the staterooms.
- Ghoulish Delights – Disney chefs have come up with some frightfully yummy treats for the occasion, including chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes, and “spooky juice.”
- More fun includes mask-making and a ghostly takeover of ship announcements to add to the holiday atmosphere.
During the Halloween season, Disney Dream will be sailing 3 and 4-night Bahamas cruises from September 2 to October 31. Fantasy will sail 7-night eastern and western Caribbean cruises from September 3 to October 29. Magic sails 5-night Canadian Coast cruises, and 7 and 8-night Bahamas cruises from October 2 – 29.
Check back into Cruise Radio tomorrow for a look at what Disney Cruise Line has in store for the Christmas season!
Photos: Disney Cruise Line