Early next year, Disney fans can set sail from the Big Easy onboard Disney Wonder, which will homeport in New Orleans beginning in February. To tie in with the ship’s new base, the vessel will receive French Quarter Lounge, a lounge space inspired by “The Princess and the Frog.”
The new lounge will feature live music and themed activities that will transport passengers into the streets of New Orleans. The venue will serve as a complement to Tiana’s Place Restaurant, boasting a jazzy atmosphere, a life-size trolley car and nods to the film. This new facility will also include New Orleans-themed family activities, trivia and character encounters.
Other new additions to Disney Wonder include a club for teens, ages 14-17, and the adults-only Cove Cafe.
The teen club, Vibe, will be a contemporary space to spend time with friends. It will feature a coffee bar, virtual reality technology and other activities for teenagers to enjoy.
The Cove Cafe will feel like a local coffee shop, offering specialty coffee and tea during the day, and wine, cocktails, and light snacks during the evening. Adult beverage tastings will also be available in the new cafe for an additional fee.
These changes will debut on September 30 on a four-night sailing from Vancouver to San Diego.
- Cancellations, Compensation and Refund Policies by Cruise Line
- Viking Launches Mississippi River Cruises
- Carnival Sunrise Virtual Cruise To Nowhere, Day 1
- How to Use a Future Cruise Credit
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Brands Extend Cancellation Policy
- Disney Cruise Line Suspends Sailings Through April 28
- Norwegian Cancels Cruises, Pushes Return Date Back
- Carnival Extends Suspension; Cancels Cruises Through May 11
- MSC Cruises Extends Suspended Voyages Through May 29
- Cruise Ship Casinos: How to Get the Most Out of Your Experience