Early next year, Disney fans can set sail from the Big Easy onboard Disney Wonder, which will homeport in New Orleans beginning in February. To tie in with the ship’s new base, the vessel will receive French Quarter Lounge, a lounge space inspired by “The Princess and the Frog.”
The new lounge will feature live music and themed activities that will transport passengers into the streets of New Orleans. The venue will serve as a complement to Tiana’s Place Restaurant, boasting a jazzy atmosphere, a life-size trolley car and nods to the film. This new facility will also include New Orleans-themed family activities, trivia and character encounters.
Other new additions to Disney Wonder include a club for teens, ages 14-17, and the adults-only Cove Cafe.
The teen club, Vibe, will be a contemporary space to spend time with friends. It will feature a coffee bar, virtual reality technology and other activities for teenagers to enjoy.
The Cove Cafe will feel like a local coffee shop, offering specialty coffee and tea during the day, and wine, cocktails, and light snacks during the evening. Adult beverage tastings will also be available in the new cafe for an additional fee.
These changes will debut on September 30 on a four-night sailing from Vancouver to San Diego.
- Carnival Reveals Roller Coaster Details And More
- Everything We Know About Virgin Voyages’ Second Ship
- Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Embarkation Day
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of November 10, 2019
- Carnival Cruise Line Rolls Out New Food Concept
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Dream 2019 Review + News
- Big Changes Ahead For Two Carnival Cruise Line Ships
- MSC Cruises Delays Private Island Opening Until December
- List of Pepsi Products Served on Carnival Cruise Line
- Carnival Cruise Line Ditches Coke For Pepsi