A new cast of characters will stroll the decks and visit with guests aboard the Disney Wonder as Mr. Incredible, Remy, Woody, Jessie, Buzz Lightyear and other memorable characters from Pixar Animation Studios’ award-winning films make their shipboard debut during four special Pixar-inspired seven-night California Coastal cruises Sept. 16 through Oct. 14, 2012.
During these voyages, Disney Cruise Line guests will be able to interact with and explore the world of Pixar and their beloved films while the Disney Wonder sails to popular port cities along the coast of California. Special entertainment and offerings designed for both children and adults include:
- Pixar Presentations and Sneak Peeks: Artists and filmmakers from Pixar Animation Studios will provide guests with an inside look at the creative process used in the development of an animated feature or short. Guests will go behind the scenes and explore the making of Pixar’s newest release “Brave” and get a look at footage of future Pixar films.
- The Art of Pixar: Storyboards, character sketches, environment paintings, maquettes and other inspiring concept art used to design Pixar films will be on display in a special art exhibition at sea. This collection of art has only been seen outside of Pixar Animation Studios when it has been displayed at leading art museums around the world. This time the art will truly be a “traveling” exhibition as the Disney Wonder sails up and down the California coast.
- Pixar Film Fest: Guests will be able to enjoy the entire Pixar library of films while onboard, including a selection of delightful animated shorts. Viewing opportunities will take place in the Buena Vista Theatre, Walt Disney Theatre, at the jumbo LED screen on deck or on in-stateroom televisions. The voyages coincide with the theatrical premiere of “Finding Nemo 3D,” which guests can enjoy at either of the two theatres equipped with state-of-the-art Dolby 3D projection systems.
- Pixar Character Encounters: More than a dozen Pixar characters will meet with and greet guests throughout the cruise. There will be a special Pixar-themed dance parties in the Atrium Lobby and a host of other opportunities for guests to reconnect with their favorite Pixar pals.
Guests sailing on the Pixar-themed voyages will also receive a commemorative lithograph created by Pixar artist and “Brave” co-director/screenwriter, Steve Purcell.
The Disney Wonder will sail out of Los Angeles and visit San Francisco, San Diego and Ensenada, Mexico during the four Pixar-themed voyages. Rates for the seven-night voyages start at $799 per person for a deluxe inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]