A special reading of the new Dr. Seuss book “What Pet Should I Get?” was read to local children by Tampa Bay Rays all-star Evan Longoria aboard the Carnival Paradise at the Port of Tampa this week.
The book, “What Pet Should I Get?” is the first Dr. Seuss book released in 25 years.
Kids in attendance enjoyed a special presentation of the “Green Eggs and Ham Brunch with The Cat in the Hat and Friends” with appearances by popular Dr. Seuss characters – part of Carnival’s fleetwide “Seuss at Sea Program.”
For every home run Longoria hits this season, Carnival is matching his $100 donation to the Pet Pal Animal Shelter – one of his favorite charities – as well as making a $5,000 donation to the Tampa Bay Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA). Rescue dogs from the SPCA will be on site, with information on adoption available through the organization.
Carnival Paradise operates year-round four- and five-day cruises from Tampa, carrying 170,000 passengers annually.
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 23, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022