Princess Cruises’ fifth Royal-class ship Enchanted Princess has officially been named and christened.
The ceremony took place during an original production called “Our World, Enchanted” which was hosted by Princess Cruises Celebrations Ambassador Jill Whelan and Enchanted Princess Cruise Director Dan Falconer. The show introduced viewers to the features and amenities of the ship, shared some history of Princess, and ended with the official naming to welcome Enchanted Princess into the fleet.
The event honored three members of The Explorers Club who serve as the godmothers of the vessel. They have been recognized for their achievements in expeditions, oceanography, and mapping the oceans: Captain Lynn Danaher, Dr. Vicki Ferrini, and Jenifer Austin.
“Our World, Enchanted” also included appearances by newly-appointed Princess Cruises President John Padgett, Group President Jan Swartz, and Commodore Nick Nash.
The 145,000 gross ton, 3,660 passenger vessel represents an evolution of the design platform that was used for Enchanted Princess’ sister ships — Royal Princess which debuted in 2013, Regal Princess in 2014, Majestic Princess in 2017, and Sky Princess in 2019.
Highlights of the ship include two deep-tank pools, Discovery at SEA programming, The Lotus Spa with the fleet’s largest thermal suite, Take Five Jazz lounge, the Princess Live! Café, and Movies Under the Stars.
Restaurants on board include Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria, The Salty Dog Gastropub, Crown Grill, Gigi’s Pizzeria, and Bistro Sur La Mer.
Enchanted Princess includes a variety of stateroom options, such as the Sky Suites with massive balconies and the ability to hold five guests, standard suites, mini suites and Club Class mini suites, as well as balcony, oceanview, and interior cabins.
Enchanted Princess’ inaugural cruise season began on November 10 when she launched a series of 10-night southern Caribbean voyages sailing roundtrip from Port Everglades in Florida.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review