[smart_track_player url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/cruiseradioshow/CR_8_15_14_AU.mp3″ title=”Panama Canal turns 100 + Cruise News” artist=”Cruise Radio” ]
The path between the two seas, the Panama Canal turns 100 years old on August 15, 2014. Al and Sunny Lockwood are a pair of intrepid retirees who lovingly documented their 17-day cruise through the Panama Canal. The subtitle, “Savoring 5,000 Nautical Miles and 500,000 Decadent Calories,” says it all; while Sunny documents the practical details, historical facts and unexpected encounters of their cruise, Al reviews the desserts and delicacies — luxuries large and small — served aboard their 1,200 passenger ship. Aimed at travelers who may be veterans of life, but first time cruisers. Sunny joins us on the broadcast to talk about cruising Panama’s Canal.
Stewart Chiron has Cruise News:
- Quantum of the Seas floated out
- NCL “more-inclusive” packages for 2015
- Carnival Corp developing a Haitian island
- Princess orders third Royal-class ship
- Regal Princess goes for Godparents for upcoming christening
My family is traveling on Carnival Sunshine September 12, 2014. Wondering what is the best way to get from Orlando airport to the ship with the best price? Also what is your number one thing you think a family should do on the Carnival Sunshine? My two boys are seven and nine years old.
- A. Mears Transportation has great rates for the Orlando area
- B. WaterWorks water park, arcade and all the eats!
- Quantum of the Seas shipyard cam
- Quantum float out YouTube video footage
- Purchase digital copy of Cruising Panama’s Canal
- Read more about Cruising Panama’s Canal
Support our Sponsors
- Shore Excursions Group, while other companies sell cruises and other forms of travel, Shore Excursions Group focuses exclusively on shore excursions and offers a worry-free guarantee.
- Insure My Trip, travel insurance is particularly important for cruisers, don’t get blindsided the next time you travel. Protect yourself and your cruise investment.
- Luggage Forward, let your luggage join you on the ship, not at the airport. Get a 5% discount on your first Luggage Forward order with the promo code Cruise Radio.
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 23, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022