The day started with room service waking me up because I forgot to set the alarm. Oops. This was around 6am. At that time another Holland America ship ms Veendam was pasing us on our starboard side. Turns out they were in port with us all day.
I got to spend the day doing a five-hour walking tour of Quebec City. We went everywhere from Old Quebec to the Financial District. To do a walking tour in Quebec City, you better be in shape. It’s actually great exercise.
Quebec is home to a few things that really stand out.
The fortified city walls around the city are the only walls left standing in North America.
Quebec City is also home to some of the world’s greatest architecture, with a lot of European influence. There is a lot more of Quebec City left to see and come.
Back on the ship was pretty chill. Since we are overnighting here a lot of people went out for dinner on the town. I spent the evening wandering around taking photos.
Tomorrow we get off the ship. I checked my bag tonight so that I could claim it pier-side in the morning. I used to think I could carry it all, but not so much anymore. It gets too hot lugging all my gear.
On a side note, my other travel show, The Weekend Travel Show, was taped in Halifax, Nova Scotia this week. We had some great interviews from the executive chef, captain, passengers and our guide in Halifax. You can hear the show in its entirety here.
Comprehensive ship review posted soon.
Til next time…
- Why New Cruisers Are To Blame For Higher Fees
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 12, 2020
- 180 Day Bucket-List Cruise Setting Sail in 2022
- Weather Delays Impact Two Carnival Cruises
- Cruise Line Sued Over Bed Bug Infestation
- Viking Ocean Cruises is Launching an Expedition Brand
- Viking Ocean Ship Christened in Unique Ceremony
- 10 Scenic Destinations for a Holiday in the Midst of the Deep Blue Sea
- Carnival Ship Skips Two Ports and Makes Unexpected Stop
- The Cruiser’s Guide To Alaskan Train Rides