Small ship line Lindblad Expeditions has announced that it plans to resume cruising operations in Alaska and the Galápagos Islands in June 2021.
For Alaska, Lindblad Expeditions plans to head deep into the wild of the state, to where — according to the press release — bears, glaciers, eagles, and whales will be guests’ only companions. The cruise line will begin its 2021 Alaska season with six and eight-night itineraries aboard 100-passenger sister-ships National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture. The first departures will be June 5 and 6.
In the Galápagos Islands, the 96-passenger National Geographic Endeavor II will set sail on a 10-night itinerary on June 4, 2021. There, visitors will be able to explore the volcanic islands of the archipelago, which are inhabited by some of the most interesting wildlife on earth.
In making the announcement, Sven Lindblad, CEO of Lindblad Expeditions, reflected on the experiences and impact of the past year and how we have “always turned to nature, in times of collective stress and trauma.”
“Our internal team has spent the last year examining every single aspect of our operation to be prepared to operate in the ‘new normal.’ Led by our resident medical expert, Dr. David Lorber, we have enlisted the assistance of many health and safety experts and met with authorities in the regions we intend to explore to ensure we are welcome and meet or exceed their expectations,” Lindblad said. “We will also require that all guests 16 years of age and over be vaccinated prior to travelling onboard.”
Key components of Lindblad Expeditions’ health and safety protocols will include the requirement to present/test for two negative COVID-19 tests, daily guest temperature checks, and thorough sanitation onboard. From start to finish, passengers will travel exclusively with fellow passengers and expedition staff.
- Royal Caribbean Debuts First World Cruise, 274 Nights
- JetBlue Taps Cruising Market With Flight + Cruise Packages
- Cruise News Today — October 20, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Celebrity Edge-Class Ships to Sail in Europe in 2023
- MSC Prepares to Welcome International Cruise Guests on U.S. Sailings
- Makeup Ideas For Themed Cruise Ship Deck Parties
- Princess Cruises Offers 50% Off Deal For First Responders & Medical Professionals
- Cruise News Today — October 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update