Small ship line Lindblad Expeditions has announced that it plans to resume cruising operations in Alaska and the Galápagos Islands in June 2021.
For Alaska, Lindblad Expeditions plans to head deep into the wild of the state, to where — according to the press release — bears, glaciers, eagles, and whales will be guests’ only companions. The cruise line will begin its 2021 Alaska season with six and eight-night itineraries aboard 100-passenger sister-ships National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture. The first departures will be June 5 and 6.
In the Galápagos Islands, the 96-passenger National Geographic Endeavor II will set sail on a 10-night itinerary on June 4, 2021. There, visitors will be able to explore the volcanic islands of the archipelago, which are inhabited by some of the most interesting wildlife on earth.
In making the announcement, Sven Lindblad, CEO of Lindblad Expeditions, reflected on the experiences and impact of the past year and how we have “always turned to nature, in times of collective stress and trauma.”
“Our internal team has spent the last year examining every single aspect of our operation to be prepared to operate in the ‘new normal.’ Led by our resident medical expert, Dr. David Lorber, we have enlisted the assistance of many health and safety experts and met with authorities in the regions we intend to explore to ensure we are welcome and meet or exceed their expectations,” Lindblad said. “We will also require that all guests 16 years of age and over be vaccinated prior to travelling onboard.”
Key components of Lindblad Expeditions’ health and safety protocols will include the requirement to present/test for two negative COVID-19 tests, daily guest temperature checks, and thorough sanitation onboard. From start to finish, passengers will travel exclusively with fellow passengers and expedition staff.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies