Celebrity Cruises has just initiated an industry first in the United States. They’ve named 37 year old Kate McCue as the new captain of Celebrity Summit, making her the first female American cruise ship captain. She will navigate the ship between the US and Bermuda, out of Cape Liberty.
Celebrity elevated McCue to the position of captain after a successful 15 years in the maritime industry. She’s sailed worldwide, to places including Australia, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia, the Panama Canal, the Pacific Northwest, and Alaska. She’s served as a leader in several repositioning and transatlantic cruises, and played a significant role in the revitalizing of ships in Singapore.
McCue graduated from California State University’s California Maritime Academy, and has since held various roles in the maritime industry. She began as a cadet and deck officer, before moving to other positions that eventually led to her recent role as Master Mariner with Royal Caribbean International. McCue also has numerous certificates in areas pertaining to leadership navigation, security, and ship management.
She will begin her new role as captain aboard the Celebrity Summit in August.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021