So on Friday morning, I embark on Royal Caribbean’s vessel, Monarch of the Seas. The Monarch is currently positioned in Cape Canaveral, Florida’s “space port,” less than two hours from Jacksonville, Florida. The three night cruise will take us to Nassau and Coo-coo Cay, Bahamas. Arriving home Monday morning.
The vessel was put into service in 1991 and refurbished in 2003. She sits 880 feet in length with three restaurants, 11 passenger decks, a coffee house, Ben and Jerry ice cream, open air basketball court, rock climbing wall, a 360 degree view lounge, and carries some 2700 passengers. A real beauty.
Usually people get into panic mode days prior to sailing. I could live the whole week with my swim baggies, flip flops, and a tee. If I want to participate in all the activities on board I should pack more.
After having quite a few cruises under my belt and making a LOT of mistakes with forgetting stuff, here is a list that you can’t live without on a cruise: •Pass port (some lines still take birth certificates so check with your cruise line) •Cruise documents – make sure you log-in and complete all documents online if that’s an option. It will save you a good 45 minutes in the boarding process. •Drivers License or State ID •Medical card •Medications •Credit Cards with bank contact info •Sunscreen •Sunglasses •Cell phone charger
Those were a few of the necessities, be sure to check with your cruise line about formal nights or special events on your ship. Cocktail attire is generally required at least one night of your sailing, this event is optional to attend.
Make sure you pack the above in a carry on. The cruise line crew has approx 3,000 pieces of luggage on a standard sailing. I have received my luggage up to 8pm day of embarkation. Don’t pack an iron either. My bag got confiscated and I had to claim the bag at ship security last cruise…. I knew better too! Hope this helps.
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — January 26, 2022 [VIDEO]