Princess Cruises released a video this week detailing the dry dock of 2,600-guest Grand Princess this past December. During the dry dock, the cruise ship got $11.7 million in enhancements, new spaces, and new beds.
- 1,200 new chairs and tables
- Princess Luxury beds
- Redesigned Sabatini’s
- Coffee and Cones venue
- Camp Discovery for kids and youth
- New Movies Under the Stars screen
- Sabatini’s has been completely remodeled, designed, and increased capacity from 86 to over 100.
- The new poolside venue Coffee and Cones has replaced Scoops. Soft serve is still free, there is an extra fee for ice cream sandwiches, frappes, and specialty coffees.
- Newly added Princess Club Class mini suites have extra VIP amenities. Guests get perks like priority embarkation and debarkation, upgraded bathrobes, priority specialty dining reservations, and Club Class Dining within the main dining room.
Grand Princess will spend 2017 through 2018 sailing the water of Alaska, California, Hawai, and the Mexican Riviera.