Royal Caribbean announced today that the award-winning Broadway musical Grease is headed for two of their ships; Independence of the Seas, and the upcoming Harmony of the Seas. The all-new stage production will be specifically adapted by Royal Caribbean for their ships, and feature all the crowd favorites, like “Greased Lightnin’,” “Born to Hand-Jive,” “Summer Nights,” and more.
In the story of Grease, Sandy Dumbrowski, the new girl in town, and Danny Zuko, the school’s coolest greaser, have a secret summer romance, but when they get back to school in the fall, everything has changed. Hilarity and shenanigans ensue, and it’s a story that’s left people inspired for decades.
As part of Royal’s Broadway offerings, guests can experience performances such as Queen’s We Will Rock You aboard Anthem, Mamma Mia! aboard Allure, CATS aboard Oasis, Saturday Night Fever aboard Liberty, and now auditions are already underway for Grease aboard Independence and Harmony.
Harmony of the Seas will be Royal Caribbean’s newest and brightest ship, combining trendsetting entertainment, innovations, and service to cater to and wow guests again and again. It will feature the tallest slide at sea, and some of the most imaginative cuisine on a cruise ship. The ship will span 16 guest decks and carry 5,497 guests, and will be debuting next year.
- 2022 State of the Cruise Industry Outlook Report Released
- Cruise News Today — January 28, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises