Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
In 2017, Holland America Line will celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Half Moon Cay, its award-winning private island paradise in the Bahamas. To commemorate the event two decades in the making, the cruise line is introducing a new Lobster Shack eatery, as well as several island updates and upgrades that were in place for the first ship call in early November.
- The new Lobster Shack will be permanently located near the "I Wish I Could Stay Here Forever" bar and serve fresh grilled lobster with Caribbean coconut beans n' rice and a rum-jerk butter glaze. The lobster barbecue will be available for a fee ($20 per person), and Rum punch and other beverages also are available for purchase at the Lobster Shack.
- The private beach-side cabanas and two-story villas also received facelifts with new paint, and some new furnishings. The Grand Cabana yeah
- received new décor as well.
- Captain Morgan on the Rocks bar received new furniture.
- The horseback riding tours are among the most popular, and 14 additional horses and two more grazing pastures were added, while the changing rooms at the Ranch were enhanced.
Half Moon Cay is constantly ranked a favorite island by cruise passengers on Holland America Line and Carnival Cruise Line.