Both Holland America Line and Princess Cruises have announced that they have canceled additional cruises for select destinations.
Holland America Line
Holland America is extending its pause on European cruises through June 30, 2021.
The suspension will impact voyages previously scheduled to depart in May and June aboard Nieuw Statendam, Volendam, and Westerdam, along with Collectors’ Voyages (back-to-back cruises of different itineraries) associated with those canceled voyages.
These are the canceled cruises:
- Nieuw Statendam: Eight departures from May 2 through June 27, 2021 that include seven and 14-night itineraries, as well as the 14 and 21-night Collectors’ Voyages of those cruises.
- Volendam: June 19, 2021 14-night Adriatic Dream cruise and the 24-night Adriatic Dream and Green Odyssey Collectors’ Voyage departing the same date.
- Westerdam: June 19, 2021 12-night Greece and Adriatic Antiquities cruise and the 24-night Adriatic Antiquities and Mediterranean Romance Collectors’ Voyage departing the same date.
Travelers currently booked on the canceled Europe departures will be able to rebook on an equivalent cruise in 2022 at the 2021 fare — with all cash and Future Cruise Credit funds moved to the new booking. Holland America is contacting guests and travel agents of their options, and will include instructions on how to confirm next year’s cruise online.
Those who don’t accept a 2022 cruise booking in replacement by April 15, 2021 will automatically default to receive a 110 percent Future Cruise Credit. And lastly, those who instead want a full refund of money paid can fill out the cancelation preferences form to indicate that preference no later than April 15, 2021.
Princess is extending its pause on cruises sailing the Caribbean, California Coast, Mexico, and the Mediterranean through June 30, 2021. The pause will affect these voyages:
- Caribbean Princess: Seven-night western and eastern Caribbean voyages
- Enchanted Princess: Seven-night Mediterranean and Adriatic, Seven-night western Mediterranean, and 14-night western Mediterranean & Adriatic Medley
- Ruby Princess: Seven-night Classic California Coast, seven-night Mexican Riviera, and five-night Cabo San Lucas Getaway sailings
Similarly to Holland America, Princess will offer to move guests to the equivalent cruise in 2022 if there is one available. If there is not, guests will automatically receive a 110 percent Future Cruise Credit. Those who have a 2022 cruise available but don’t want to take it can also opt for the 110 percent Future Cruise Credit.
Alternatively, passengers can request a full refund through this online form by April 15, 2021.
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
- Cruise News Today — July 27, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos: Day 1
- Carnival Cruise Line Offers Sneak Peek of Mardi Gras
- Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Viking Begins Mediterranean Cruises From Malta
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again