In the final episode of the “Conversations with Adam D. Tihany” video series, the acclaimed designer reflects on the reasons people travel, and how design influences it. Aboard ms Koningsdam, his goal was to create a once-in-a-lifetime experience for the ship’s guests. The new cruise ship began service in early April in Europe.
Another goal of Tihany’s was to inspire guests to return to the ship sometime in the future. With Koningsdam, he wanted to create a memorable experience that would draw her guests back for more. A touch of glamour is also represented aboard the ship, through stunning architecture and unique facets of design. His overall vision for the vessel was the “Architecture of Music,” and many public areas onboard the ship mimic the curves of elegant instruments. Spaces flow into each other, giving guests smooth transitions between areas, both visually and tangibly.
“We need to do everything possible to surprise and delight our guests, and from my side it’s the design,” Tihany noted. “The greatest thing people bring back from traveling the world is memories, and I want their memory of their experience on Koningsdam to be once-in-a-lifetime.”
To watch this video, click here.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS5 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Cleared to Sail From Florida