As a self-proclaimed chocoholic, hearing about this automatically makes me want to sail Holland America ten times more than I already did!
The cruise line has reinvented the traditional dessert buffet – like turned it on its head. They’ve introduced a Chocolate Surprise parade, which will be on the last gala evening of every cruise. Rather than having to wait in line at the buffet, Chocolate Surprise will bring the treats to guests in the main public areas, as they enjoy the evening’s entertainment.
After dinner, waiters parade through the promenade decks with trays of chocolate desserts, passing them out to passengers in the bars and lounges. The nearly hour-long parade puts a fresh, unconventional twist on a traditional event.
The Chocolate Surprise menu includes rich, creamy, and chocolatey bite-sized desserts served on silver trays. Guests can choose from chocolate cones with lemon curd, bittersweet chocolate and butter cream, double chocolate cupcakes, dark chocolate hazelnut pops, milk chocolate raspberry tarts, chocolate macaroons with Grand Marnier, chocolate-dipped marshmallows, and caramel puffed rice treats with chocolate sauce.
The sweet parade takes place on all ships fleetwide starting now.
Photos: Holland America Line
- Viking Cruises Cancels Sailings Through August
- Canada Bans Cruise Ships Through October
- Looking Back: Celebrity Cruises Marks 30th Year in Service
- Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras
- Cruise Podcast: Mariner of the Seas 2020 Review + News
- Mexico Vows to Welcome Cruise Ship Passengers
- Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
- Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
- Cruise Ship Ban in Australia Extended Until September
- Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
EDITORIAL2 days ago
Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras