In collaboration with the Marine Conservation Institute – a national and globally focused nonprofit organization based in Washington State dedicated to maintaining healthy, living oceans – Holland America Line will debut an in-stateroom video series onboard all its 15 cruise ships highlighting the importance of ocean conservation.
Titled “Our Marvelous Oceans,” the series was developed to educate Holland America Line guests on important marine conservation issues and feature topics that relate to the oceans around them. The first video in the series introduces these important subjects and the partnership between the Marine Conservation Institute and Holland America Line. The second video showcases Holland America Line’s sustainable seafood program and the importance of choosing sustainable seafood options.
The additional short videos address important ocean conservation issues in key Holland America Line cruising regions, protecting ocean life, destructive fishing practices, climate change, and Holland America Line’s environmental protection efforts.
The video series is an extension of “Our Marvelous Oceans,” a three-year program announced in 2010 that commits to the exclusive use of sustainably-sourced seafood on Holland America Line’s menus, guest and staff education, and support for critical marine conservation biology research. Support for the Marine Conservation Institute’s education program also includes annual grants to graduate students and young scientists working in historical marine ecology.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]