Three of Holland America Lines’ 15 ships will be headed down to South America in Fall 2012 and Winter/Spring 2012. The 1,350-passenger Veendam, 1,258-passenger Maasdam and 740-passenger Prinsendan will feature 13 itineraries, 20 departures and 54 ports of call.
The voyages will range from 13 to 68 days.
What ships are going where?
Veendam will sail a series of six 13-day and one 17-day itineraries between Valparaiso (Santiago), Chile; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The sailings include multiple days cruising the scenic fjords of Chile, calls at exotic locations such as Ushuaia (the southernmost town in the world), sailing around Cape Horn and a visit to the Magellan Strait, gateway to Antarctica.
Maasdam, guests will sail one unique 49-day Amazon and Carnival Explorer Voyage, conveniently sailing roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale on Jan. 18, 2013. Guests will spend 49 days exploring 25 ports throughout all three of the “ABC Islands” — Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao — Barbados, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Dominica, French Guiana, Trinidad and Tobago, crossing the equator twice during the voyage. A highlight of the voyage is Carnival, a festive four-day celebration often referred to as the world’s largest party that happens Feb. 9 – 12.
Departing January 5, 2013, Prinsendam sails south once again on a 68-day Grand South America and Antarctica Voyage roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale. During the voyage, Prinsendam will circumnavigate the continent and spend seven full days cruising the Amazon River and four days of scenic cruising in Antarctica. Overnight calls include Callao, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro and Manaus. Shorter segments are available.
Source: Holland America
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]