On a recent surprise health inspection conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, ms Noordam received a perfect score of 100, making its second 100 in a row. ms Veendam also scored 100.
In addition, ms Veendam earned an almost-perfect score of 99 from Health Canada.
Veendam’s unannounced inspection from the U.S. was held August 29 in Boston, while the Health Canada inspection was July 21 at Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island during a 7-day Canada/New England cruise. Noordam’s inspection was also July 21 in Skagway, Alaska, during a 7-day roundtrip from Vancouver. Prior, Noordam had received a perfect score of 100 in January during a call in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Earlier this year, ms Eurodam received its 8th consecutive U.S. health score of 100, ms Statendam received its 3rd consecutive 100, and ms Nieuw Amsterdam, ms Ryndam, ms Zuiderdam, and ms Westerdam also received perfect scores. This means that in 2015, eight Holland America ships have received a total of seventeen perfect health scores.
Centers for Disease Control inspections are carried out unannounced twice a year per ship for the U.S., and once a year by Health Canada when the ships call in a Canadian port.
Source: Holland America
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]