Holland America’s team of world-class celebrity chefs – called their Culinary Council – was named “Best Culinary Initiative” in Porthole Cruise Magazine’s 2016 Editor-in-Chief Awards.
The annual awards are chosen by Bill Panoff, the magazine’s editor-in-chief and publisher, who honors his favorite travel experience that left a favorable impression on him. The winners were announced in the Jan/Feb 2017 issue, which hit newsstands on January 10 – and online at porthole.com.
The Culinary Council is a collaboration of some of the world’s best chefs, chaired by Holland America’s Master Chef Rudi Sodamin, who is a past recipient of Panoff’s “Best Cruise Line Chef” award. He leads other esteemed chefs in providing guidance and advice for onboard menus and culinary programs. The chefs also are able to showcase signature dishes onboard, adding their own flair to the line’s menus.
The bimonthly Porthole Cruise Magazine was created in 1993, and covers every aspect of cruise travel. It serves as a consumer cruise magazine for both experienced voyagers, and first-timers alike. Inside the pages can be found cruise information, ship review, news, popular ports, and travel tips.
- Viking’s Newest Ocean Cruise Ship Named and Welcomed to the Fleet
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — May 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival President Tells NBC Nightly News They Still Plan on July Restart
- Another Carnival Corp. Ship Resumes Cruises From Italy
- CDC Eases Testing Requirements For Fully-Vaccinated Cruise Passengers
- New Norwegian Cruise Ship Boasts Record-Breaking Sales
- Royal Caribbean Pulls Odyssey Out Of Israel As Violence Increases
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Upcoming Mardi Gras’ Godmother
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 9, 2021
- 11 Popular Things To Do in Key West, Florida
DESTINATIONS5 days ago
5 Free Public Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Florida’s Governor Just Insulted a Major Cruise Line
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Federal Court Judge To Decide On Florida’s Call For Injunction Over CDC Rules
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Sensation Arrives at US Port to Begin Crew Vaccinations [PHOTOS]