At a gala dinner earlier this month, Travel Weekly revealed the winners of their 14th Annual Readers Choice Awards. Holland America took top honors in two categories: Best World Cruise Itinerary and Best Private Island.
The line was selected by readers during two voting phases, and was one of only a few cruise lines to take home more than one award.
Best World Cruise Itinerary
Once again, Holland America’s world cruise took top honors in the Readers Choice Awards. Each year, ms Amsterdam‘s Grand World Voyage circles the globe for over 100 days, calling in dozens of countries and ports. Longer port visits, several overnights, special onboard galas, and destination-centered experiences are the epitome of each World Voyage. On January 4, 2017, Amsterdam will depart Fort Lauderdale on a 111-day odyssey, and the 2018 voyage will also sail on January 4, for a 113-day adventure.
Best Private Island
Half Moon Cay is Carnival Corporation’s (Holland America’s parent company) private island in the Bahamas. The tropical paradise has evolved over two decades, and features the finest beaches in the Caribbean, a natural 700-acre lagoon, two-story villas and private cabanas, as well as a variety of shore excursions to suit every guest. To celebrate its 20th anniversary in 2017, a new Lobster Shack eatery debuted, featuring fresh grilled lobster and sides. For the 2016-2017 Caribbean season, all cruises that sail roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale will call at Half Moon Cay.
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program