It’s like a page ripped right out of playbook from Hurricane Irene in 2011 but this time affecting a few more ships and a little stronger. Hurricane Sandy is bearing down on the northeast as a category one storm and scattering ships all throughout the Caribbean and mid-Atlantic.
Here’s what we have so far:
- Ruby Princess isn’t calling in Princess Cays on Monday. They are assessing the damage sustained on Princess Cays due to the storm.
- For Emerald Princess, due to the presence of Hurricane Sandy and the impact it will have on the New England area, the port calls to Bar Harbor, Boston and Newport R have been cancelled. Port calls to Port Saguenay and Corner Brook have been added.
- Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral is sailing a six-night revised scheduled out of Port Canaveral this weekend, originally scheduled for a seven-night western.
- Carnival Miracle out of New York is is now a nine-night cruise, just stopping in Port Canaveral, Nassau and Grand Turk, spending the other days at sea.
- Carnival Ecstasy out of Port Canaveral is dropping Key West, overnighting in Nassau and stopping in Freeport.
- Carnival Fascination from Jacksonville is dropping Half-Moon Cay and picking up Freeport.
- Carnival Liberty is dropping Half-Moon Cay and picking up Nassau.
- Carnival Pride canceled their seven-day sailing out of Baltimore.
- Carnival Glory canceled their five-night sailing from Norfolk.
- Jewel of the Seas will stay in Boston until Tuesday and will announced the modified itinerary soon.
- Enchantment of the Seas is currently on a five-night Bermuda cruise, Bermuda has been canceled and the ship will remain at sea.
Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Dawn will cancel its call to Portland, Maine on Tuesday, October 30 and instead stop in Halifax, Nova Scotia on Monday, October 29 from 10 am to 8 pm.
The US Coast Guard has advised that it will close the Port of New York as of 6 pm today, Sunday, October 28. Therefore, Norwegian Gem’s arrival in New York on Monday, October 29 will be delayed and the ship will remain at sea. The Coast Guard has not yet determined when it will re-open the Port of New York. Therefore, guests scheduled to sail on Norwegian Gem’s October 29 sailing are asked to continue to check ncl.com for the latest updates and information. We expect an update on the ship’s arrival and departure times on Sunday evening.
You can continue to track Hurricane Sandy on the NOAA website.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- 2022 State of the Cruise Industry Outlook Report Released
- Cruise News Today — January 28, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises