We’re trying out a new weekly post on Cruise Radio today – In Case You Missed It. These articles will bring you up to date on the biggest cruise stories of that week. For the very first one today, a new ship was delivered, a passenger dealt with a nightmarish scenario, and we took a journey on a brand-new cruise line! Miss out on any of last week’s biggest stories? Well, let us catch you up!
1. There’s probably not an avid cruiser alive who doesn’t know that Carnival Vista was delivered this week. Here at Cruise Radio, we wrapped our special 20-part countdown series exploring the ship with a look at the first-of-its-kind Skyride. You can read about the awesome attraction, plus find links to the other entries in our series, here.
2. Speaking of Carnival, they were the latest cruise line to increase their gratuities charges. To find out details on how much you’ll now be paying, click here.
3. The internet was buzzing about the Norwegian Breakaway passenger who found herself watching the ship sail away, with her kids on board, after returning late to the pier in the Bahamas. To find out what a Norwegian rep had to say about the situation, click here.
4. The New York Times ran an article about cruising that had more than a few folks wondering if the author understood how the world, let alone cruising, actually works. You can read about that dust-up here.
5. A couple weeks ago was Carnival Corporation’s newest brand, Fathom‘s first voyage. We were aboard – check out a bit of what happened on the adventure here.