living in TN for the past 7 years. I’ve playing the piano for the past 15 years, and have been on and off with Carnival since January 2001.
What are the perks? You get to visit a lot of places that some people can only dream of, and one of my favorite is that I get to meet some really cool people from all over the world.
Any disadvantages? The main dissadvantage is that you are always gone and sometimes you miss the simple things of everyday life on land. You are away from family and friends and you miss all the holidays with them.
Any advice for people wanting to work on a cruise ship? I think most people would enjoy working on a cruise ship, but there are a few things they need to consider; there are a lot of rules you have to abide by, and a lot of safety classes that you have to do. Also, unlike the real world, the workplace rules apply even when you are off duty. That’s kinda tough to get used to, but in general I’d say that the benefits outweigh the bad. It is not a job for everyone! Plus it’s way different for a piano bar entertainer than a cook. Some jobs require 10 hr shifts, everyday!!!
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings
- Carnival Jubilee Cruise Bookings Open For Sale
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises