At an event aboard Carnival Breeze in Port Miami, “Today” show television personality Kathie Lee Gifford announced that she is once again teaming up with Carnival Cruise Line, but this time not dancing around in a bathing suit. Enter GIFFT wines.
GIFFT wines was created in consultation with California-based Scheid Family Wines and consists of a Red Blend and a Chardonnay, both estate-grown. In September 2014, Wine Enthusiast magazine gave the red 91 of a possible 100 points and the Chardonnay 88 points in its tasting rating.
The GIFFT Red Blend combines Merlot (42 percent), Petite Sirah (25%), Syrah (12%) and Petit Verdot (10%); while the Chardonnay is a flavorful estate-grown Coastal California dry white.
After the announcement Kathie Lee surprised guests in Carnival Breeze’s Ocean Plaza with an appearance, photo ops and tastings of the red and white wines.
“It’s like coming home again—this time bearing great wines!” said Gifford.
Carnival is the only cruise line to feature GIFFT wines, and they are now available at a wide array of bars and in the main dining rooms on all Carnival ships.
Final thought: I’m not a wine drinker but as my assistant said yesterday, “GIFFT Red Blend is beautiful in both aroma and bouquet. The flavor of the blend makes it the perfect wine for almost any menu. And it has great legs, just like Kathie Lee!”
photo credit: Andy Newman/NewmanPR
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption