At an event aboard Carnival Breeze in Port Miami, “Today” show television personality Kathie Lee Gifford announced that she is once again teaming up with Carnival Cruise Line, but this time not dancing around in a bathing suit. Enter GIFFT wines.
GIFFT wines was created in consultation with California-based Scheid Family Wines and consists of a Red Blend and a Chardonnay, both estate-grown. In September 2014, Wine Enthusiast magazine gave the red 91 of a possible 100 points and the Chardonnay 88 points in its tasting rating.
The GIFFT Red Blend combines Merlot (42 percent), Petite Sirah (25%), Syrah (12%) and Petit Verdot (10%); while the Chardonnay is a flavorful estate-grown Coastal California dry white.
After the announcement Kathie Lee surprised guests in Carnival Breeze’s Ocean Plaza with an appearance, photo ops and tastings of the red and white wines.
“It’s like coming home again—this time bearing great wines!” said Gifford.
Carnival is the only cruise line to feature GIFFT wines, and they are now available at a wide array of bars and in the main dining rooms on all Carnival ships.
Final thought: I’m not a wine drinker but as my assistant said yesterday, “GIFFT Red Blend is beautiful in both aroma and bouquet. The flavor of the blend makes it the perfect wine for almost any menu. And it has great legs, just like Kathie Lee!”
photo credit: Andy Newman/NewmanPR
- Carnival Leads Port Canaveral Return with Mardi Gras Sailing
- Odyssey of the Seas Prepares For Inaugural Cruise
- Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
- Viking Resumes Cruises on the Seine and Rhône Rivers in France
- Holland America Takes Delivery of New Flagship
- Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
- Carnival Horizon, a Journey in Photos Day 4: Sea Day, Part 2
- Cruise News Today — July 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need to Know About Mardi Gras’ Loft 19 and Its Cabanas
- Miami Added as Embarkation Port For Bahamas Cruises
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
EDITORIAL5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Offers Sneak Peek of Mardi Gras