At an event aboard Carnival Breeze in Port Miami, “Today” show television personality Kathie Lee Gifford announced that she is once again teaming up with Carnival Cruise Line, but this time not dancing around in a bathing suit. Enter GIFFT wines.
GIFFT wines was created in consultation with California-based Scheid Family Wines and consists of a Red Blend and a Chardonnay, both estate-grown. In September 2014, Wine Enthusiast magazine gave the red 91 of a possible 100 points and the Chardonnay 88 points in its tasting rating.
The GIFFT Red Blend combines Merlot (42 percent), Petite Sirah (25%), Syrah (12%) and Petit Verdot (10%); while the Chardonnay is a flavorful estate-grown Coastal California dry white.
After the announcement Kathie Lee surprised guests in Carnival Breeze’s Ocean Plaza with an appearance, photo ops and tastings of the red and white wines.
“It’s like coming home again—this time bearing great wines!” said Gifford.
Carnival is the only cruise line to feature GIFFT wines, and they are now available at a wide array of bars and in the main dining rooms on all Carnival ships.
Final thought: I’m not a wine drinker but as my assistant said yesterday, “GIFFT Red Blend is beautiful in both aroma and bouquet. The flavor of the blend makes it the perfect wine for almost any menu. And it has great legs, just like Kathie Lee!”
photo credit: Andy Newman/NewmanPR
- Could This Small Change in CDC’s Cruise Guidance Have Big Implications?
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 12, 2021 [VIDEO]
- How Alaska Hopes to Save the 2021 Cruise Season
- Cruise Port Overview: Icy Strait Point, Alaska
- Carnival Cruise Line President Says CDC Details Lack Transparency
- Royal Caribbean CEO Sees Signs ‘That We Are Approaching The End’ of Cruise Shutdown
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 4, 2021
- Cruise Ship Photo Tour: Anthem of the Seas
- Miami-Dade Mayor to CDC: ‘Give Us a Timeline… We Are Ready’ to Cruise
- Cruise Ships Play Crucial Role in St. Vincent Volcano Rescue
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Florida Sues CDC, Demanding Cruise Ships Be Allowed To Sail
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Ships Play Crucial Role in St. Vincent Volcano Rescue
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean Ships to Help Evacuate Those in Path of Volcano
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Princess Cruises Wants Remote Workers On Its Ships