The City of Ketchikan Ports and Harbors department began renovating Ketchikan’s oldest and most central cruise ship dock in 2011. The first phase (estimated to take around three years) will replace half of the wooden dock and pilings with more durable materials and additional phases will complete upgrades to the dock, including renovation of the Ketchikan Visitors Bureau facility, and improve vehicle and pedestrian flow on the busy port.
InnerSea Discoveries recently acquired the 76-guest Wilderness Explorer, formerly the Spirit of Discovery. After significant renovations, the ship will sail active, adventure expeditions between Juneau and Sitka beginning summer 2012. The 86-guest Safari Endeavour, formerly the Spirit of Endeavour will join sister company American Safari Cruises’ fleet of three yachts offering inclusive adventure cruises. The Safari Endeavour will undergo major renovation to transform it into an upscale vessel ready to sail in Southeast Alaska in summer 2012.
Source: Alaska Travel News
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia
- Cruise News Today — January 14, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Sunshine Resumes Cruises From Charleston
- Viking Neptune Floated Out at the Shipyard in Italy
- Royal Caribbean Further Extends Cruise With Confidence Program