Gavin MacLeod, perhaps most well-known for his role in the television series The Love Boat, has been a Global Ambassador for Princess Cruises for 30 years. On July 6, the cruise line and the City of Santa Clarita in California is holding a special ceremony for the esteemed actor’s ambassador anniversary.
MacLeod played Captain Merrill Stubing on the show, and was a fan favorite throughout the series’ running. Princess Cruises’ corporate office is located in Santa Clarita, and they are honoring MacLeod by proclaiming July 6 as “Gavin MacLeod Princess Cruises Ambassador Day” in a ceremony hosted by his TV daughter from the show, Jill Whelan (Vicki Stubing). Hundreds of cruise line employees will be on hand to salute and celebrate Mr. MacLeod on the exciting day.
From 1977 to 1986, multiple Princess Cruises ships served as the backdrop for the show, which has been widely credited with introducing millions of views to contemporary cruise vacations. Gavin MacLeod has exclusively promoted the cruise line to millions through media interviews, public appearances, travel agent conferences, and aboard Princess Cruises’ ships.
Featured photo from December 2015 for Santa Clarita’s “Princess Cruises Day” celebration with The Love Boat actors.
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — January 26, 2022 [VIDEO]