Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Windstar Cruises, which operates a fleet of luxury sailing yachts will over go a multi-million dollar renovation this fall. The refurbishment, which was part of the company’s “Full Sail Ahead” program will span over 18-months.
Phase one of the program is slated for December 2011, starting with Windstar’s 148-passenger Wind Surf.
“This is a significant investment in our luxurious sailing yachts and will enable us to provide an unparalleled guest experience,” said Hans Birkholz, President and CEO of Windstar Cruises. “Our new owners, Xanterra Parks & Resorts, are committed to Windstar’s growth for the long term. Previously, there have been enhancements and refurbishment projects throughout the years to keep our yachts beautiful; however this is the most extensive fleet-wide refurbishment project in Windstar’s history.”
See the cabin photos on our Facebook page.
Staterooms and Suites:
- Staterooms on all three yachts will be transformed with new leather headboards, stately arm chairs, linen wall coverings, new lighting features, elegant window coverings, plush wool carpeting, art work, stylish bed cushions, and luxurious bed throws.
- Suites will additionally be outfitted with new furniture that is easily convertible to lounging, dining, or accommodating a third occupant.
Wind Surf Public Spaces:
- The Restaurant will be completed with a new seating layout, all new soft goods, and state-of-the art wine display and storage.
- Degrees Restaurant will be transformed into a Mediterranean bistro, anchored by a central wine bar for counter dining as well as an inviting area to relax before and after dinner. Wine tastings and cooking demonstrations will also be conducted here.
- The Compass Rose will be reconfigured to open up expansively to the adjoining outdoor deck, and its interior completely renovated to reflect the sophisticated elegance of a private club.
- The Veranda’s outdoor seating will be significantly expanded, creating an ideal mid-ship area for enjoying breakfast and lunch alfresco. The interior will include a new buffet, new lighting, and epicurean style display counters.
- In the Lounge, wall-to-wall carpeting will be replaced with hard flooring accented with inset rugs, a contemporary mix of furniture, lighter color palette and improved sound insulation around the casino.
- Corridors will be completely renovated from floor to ceiling with all new wall coverings, carpeting, ceiling finishes, lighting and art work.
- The Pool Bar will sport new awnings for additional shade, new deck furniture, and improved outdoor dining layout for Candles Grill.
Wind Spirit and Wind Star Public Spaces:
- The Restaurant will receive a complete makeover to create the excitement and drama of an exclusive destination restaurant with luxurious neutral tones and curved design elements.
- The Veranda will be renewed with new lighting, fresh “market-style” buffet arrangements and reconfigured indoor/outdoor seating.
- The Lounge will be contemporized with new furniture, soft goods, seating arrangements, window treatments and AV system, creating an ideal, welcoming space for evening entertainment.
- The Pool Bar will be redesigned to offer a more engaging and upscale social experience and to create additional alfresco seating for sunset dining at Candles Grill.
- The renovations to the Library space will create an intimate, luxurious cocoon for more contemplative pursuits.
- WindSpa will also receive an interior soft goods update, to reflect the sophistication and elegance of relaxing with spa treatments at sea.
Photo credit: flickr/jemingway
- Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Cruise Excursion
- Ungrateful Carnival Cruisers Whine About Free Gift
- Hurricane Humberto Cruise Line Itinerary Changes
- Top Things to Do in Sitka By Cruise Ship
- The Solo Cruiser Deal Too Good To Pass Up
- Cruise Line To Stretch Ship, Spend $140 Million On Upgrades
- Hurricane Reveals People We Don’t Want To Cruise With
- 9 Best Things To Do In Livorno
- What Are The Most Beautiful Cruise Ship Ports In The Mediterranean?
- 9 Best Things to Do in Dubrovnik
EDITORIAL24 hours ago
Ungrateful Carnival Cruisers Whine About Free Gift
EDITORIAL3 days ago
Hurricane Reveals People We Don’t Want To Cruise With
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
The Solo Cruiser Deal Too Good To Pass Up
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Line To Stretch Ship, Spend $140 Million On Upgrades
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Hurricane Humberto Cruise Line Itinerary Changes
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Port Everglades Welcomes Odyssey of the Seas in November 2020
EDITORIAL4 days ago
What Are The Most Beautiful Cruise Ship Ports In The Mediterranean?
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
MSC Cruises Will Homeport a Ship in Tampa