Sunday afternoon was filled with excitement as Grammy award-winning music group Maroon 5 rocked Pier 21 at the port of Galveston, Texas, celebrating the arrival of Carnival Cruise Lines’ newest ship Carnival Magic.
Senior Cruise Director John Heald took the stage around 4p to welcome the crowd and warm up 4,000 fans. Heald, told the crowd that Galveston is one of Maroon 5’s most memorable performances in their career because “the Texas crowd shows up and shows up strong.”
With the back drop of Carnival Magic, Maroon 5 opened the show with their chart topping single “Moves Like Jaggar” followed by some of their classics and some new songs from their latest album “Hands All Over.” The performance lasted about 75-minutes and had everyone everyone singing word for word. Their encore, “She Will Be Loved” brought the crowd to a roar.
While in Galveston, Maroon 5 was welcomed aboard Carnival’s news ship that included a tour of the navigational bridge and checked out the Caribbean-inspired Red Frog Pub.
Carnival Magic is home-ported in Galveston, Texas offering cruise passengers alternating 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings.
You can hear our broadcast from Pier 21 in Galveston, Texas here.
Source: Doug Parker/Cruise Radio
- Australia Picks Up Displaced Princess Cruise Ship
- Cruise Line Employee Celebrates 50 Years at Sea
- First Time Royal Caribbean Cruise Guide
- 5 Things to Do in Costa Maya, Mexico
- Cruise Line Continues Screening for Coronavirus, Cancels Voyage
- 11 Ways to Decorate Your Stateroom Door
- Photo Tour: MSC Divina
- Social Media Helps Cruise Lines Secure a Younger Market
- Richard Branson’s Adults-Only Cruise Ship is Delivered
- Cruise Port Guide: What to Do in Astoria, Oregon