Sunday afternoon was filled with excitement as Grammy award-winning music group Maroon 5 rocked Pier 21 at the port of Galveston, Texas, celebrating the arrival of Carnival Cruise Lines’ newest ship Carnival Magic.
Senior Cruise Director John Heald took the stage around 4p to welcome the crowd and warm up 4,000 fans. Heald, told the crowd that Galveston is one of Maroon 5’s most memorable performances in their career because “the Texas crowd shows up and shows up strong.”
With the back drop of Carnival Magic, Maroon 5 opened the show with their chart topping single “Moves Like Jaggar” followed by some of their classics and some new songs from their latest album “Hands All Over.” The performance lasted about 75-minutes and had everyone everyone singing word for word. Their encore, “She Will Be Loved” brought the crowd to a roar.
While in Galveston, Maroon 5 was welcomed aboard Carnival’s news ship that included a tour of the navigational bridge and checked out the Caribbean-inspired Red Frog Pub.
Carnival Magic is home-ported in Galveston, Texas offering cruise passengers alternating 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings.
You can hear our broadcast from Pier 21 in Galveston, Texas here.
Source: Doug Parker/Cruise Radio
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — January 26, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings