Every day I get questions from first time cruisers or just folks who have general questions about cruising. Now, while I have never claimed to be an expert, if I don’t have the answer, I will get it.
I checked my email after getting back into town today and someone asked me a question about dining on a cruise ship and it’s a common questions that I get asked a lot.
How much do I have to pay for my meals on a ship?
A big misconception of cruising is that people think they have to pay for every little thing. The good news is , you don’t! Especially when it comes to on board dining.
When you book your cruise, you are booking a all inclusive package that includes three meals a day, more if you want. The dining on a cruise ship consists of a buffets, regimented forms of dining, and little restaurants scattered through the ship (pizza, sushi, tacos).
While most of the restaurants are free, there are some that come with charges (alternative dining). These restaurants are commonly a step up in atmosphere, food quality and service. Most of the steakhouses for example come with a surcharge that is not included in your cruise price. Typically the surcharges range from $25 and up.
So you won’t go broke eating on a cruise ship because the food is included. Just don’t eat too much! 🙂
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia
- Cruise News Today — January 14, 2022 [VIDEO]