MSC Poesia was diverted to San Juan, Puerto Rico on Monday night because of a medical emergency. The vessel pulled into the harbor of San Juan while an US Coast Guard cutter pulled up along the port side of the vessel. The MSC Poesia crew quickly offloaded the elderly male in a wheelchair onto the Coast Guard cutter where he was taken to a local hospital. The condition is unknown at this time.
The unplanned stop is not affecting the ships itinerary.
MSC Poesia left Port Everglades on Saturday on a seven-night Eastern Caribbean sailings, scheduled to call in Philipsburg, St.Maarten; San Juan, Puerto Rico and Nassau, Bahamas.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia
- Cruise News Today — January 14, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Sunshine Resumes Cruises From Charleston
- Viking Neptune Floated Out at the Shipyard in Italy
- Royal Caribbean Further Extends Cruise With Confidence Program