Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
In 2013, Viking River Cruises announced that they would launch a line of ocean ships in 2015. First up, the 930-guest Viking Star.
Enter Viking Ocean Cruises
Classified as a “small ship,” the all-veranda Viking Star has a gross tonnage of 47,800 tons, boasts 465 cabins and will accommodate 930 passengers. Viking Star is one of three ocean cruise ships on order; the remaining two ships, Viking Sea and Viking Sky, are currently under construction. The cruise experience differs from other lines because it includes a lot of amenities.
- All Veranda Staterooms, five stateroom categories
- Two Pool Choices, pool with retractable dome and a glass-backed infinity pool, cantilevered off the stern
- Snow Grotto, where snowflakes gently descend from the ceiling through chilled air.
- Explorers’ Lounge, two-deck Explorers’ Lounge at the bow is the perfect spot for taking in scenery through double-height windows
- Dining Choices, The Restaurant and the World Café, The Chef’s Table, Manfredi’s Italian Restaurant and The Kitchen Table
- Entertainment: three deck atrium, the Star Theater and a piano lounge where
- Free Wi-Fi
- Shore excursions
- Beer and wine
- 24-hour room service
- All port charges and government taxes
- 15 Days, St. Petersburg to Bergen
- 15 Days, Bergen to Barcelona
- 13 Days, Barcelona to Venice
- 10 Days, Venice to Istanbul
photo: Viking Ocean