In 2013, Viking River Cruises announced that they would launch a line of ocean ships in 2015. First up, the 930-guest Viking Star.
Enter Viking Ocean Cruises
Classified as a “small ship,” the all-veranda Viking Star has a gross tonnage of 47,800 tons, boasts 465 cabins and will accommodate 930 passengers. Viking Star is one of three ocean cruise ships on order; the remaining two ships, Viking Sea and Viking Sky, are currently under construction. The cruise experience differs from other lines because it includes a lot of amenities.
- All Veranda Staterooms, five stateroom categories
- Two Pool Choices, pool with retractable dome and a glass-backed infinity pool, cantilevered off the stern
- Snow Grotto, where snowflakes gently descend from the ceiling through chilled air.
- Explorers’ Lounge, two-deck Explorers’ Lounge at the bow is the perfect spot for taking in scenery through double-height windows
- Dining Choices, The Restaurant and the World Café, The Chef’s Table, Manfredi’s Italian Restaurant and The Kitchen Table
- Entertainment: three deck atrium, the Star Theater and a piano lounge where
- Free Wi-Fi
- Shore excursions
- Beer and wine
- 24-hour room service
- All port charges and government taxes
- 15 Days, St. Petersburg to Bergen
- 15 Days, Bergen to Barcelona
- 13 Days, Barcelona to Venice
- 10 Days, Venice to Istanbul
photo: Viking Ocean