I believe “The Police,” sang “Message in a Bottle,” for a man in England, this became a reality… sorta.
I don’t like to post cruise related news stories that I find because I feel that if you have a blog, why just pass on a recycled story …. however, this story is very cool. When I was growing up on the intercoastal waterway in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., I used to do the same thing and could really relate to this story. Reading it, it brought me back to my childhood…..
Daniel Knopp of Baltimore, Maryland, back in 2004 was 14 years old when he was on a Royal Caribbean ship “Royal Caribbean’s Grandeur of the Seas,” when he was leaving Freeport, Bahamas. He threw a corked wine bottle off the ship and stuffed in the bottle a note that read “Hello, my name is Daniel Knopp. I am on a cruise ship. I hope whoever reads this finds great joy. God bless. I live in the Baltimore/DC area.”
Fast forward to 2009, a man walking his dog on the beach in England found a washed up bottle. Inside the bottle the note from Daniel Knopp. The bottle made a journey of over 4,000 miles. Daniel (now 19) has been located through facebook and was shocked someone even found it.
What did Royal Caribbean say about this? “It’s a very novel story, truly romantic in the classic nautical sense,” said Harrison Liu, a spokesman for Royal Caribbean International.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review