I got an email this morning asking me if cruise lines gave military discounts and if so, what are they? Fair enough.
Taking advantage of a military discount is a must if you are or were in the armed forces. Cruise lines often offer discounts up to 50% off the booking rate with proper military ID. You might as well bring the whole family along because the military discounts apply to them too. Some cruise lines even allow you to book up to three rooms with your military discount. On the other hand, some cruise lines don’t give military discounts but will give you a discount in other forms (shore excursions, on board spending, etc.)
You will want to check with the cruise line you plan to sail on but usually the following fall under military discounts:
- Active or retired military
- All injured or disabled military personnel
- Air Force, Marines, Army (including Army National Guard), Navy, and Coast Guard members
- Military reservists
Sometimes the cruise lines will extend these discounts out to Fire, Police, EMT, and teachers.
There is a lot of companies out there that offer military cruises and packages. It never hurts to call the cruise lines direct either and get information straight from the horses mouth. Google is your friend J
Once your cruise is booked, it is crucial that you have your military ID, discharge papers, etc….they must be submitted to the cruise line by 24 hours of sailing.
Hope this helps!
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS5 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Cleared to Sail From Florida