Carnival Cruise Lines revealed some more details on the upcoming transformation of Carnival Destiny to Carnival Sunshine. The 49-day drydock will take place in an Italian shipyard and cost an estimated $151 million, in this complete stem to stern refurbishment.
Some of the new additions announced include:
Havana Bar, which will offer Cuban beverages and finger food, while turning into a Latin-inspired dance themed area during the evening.
WaterWorks recreation area with a 300 gallon dump bucket, two racer slides and a twister slide.
A new Asian restaurant with an array of Asian dishes offering complimentary lunch and dinner for $12.
Shake Spot offering hand-spun milkshakes.
Pizzeria del Capitano is an extension of the Italian venues on Carnival Magic and Carnival Breeze, and will offer five types of authentic Italian-style pizzas
On top of these new additions, Carnival Sunshine will also receive the Fun Ship 2.0 enhancements, including: Playlist Productions, Hasbro The Game Show, RedFrog Rum Bar, Guy’s Burger Joint, BlueIguana Cantina, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, EA Sports Bar and the Alchemy Bar.
Previously announced was an over gigantic adults-only area called Serenity that will be located on the aft end of the ship, along with a sports deck featuring a zip line.
To celebrate the ship’s transformation, Carnival is hosting the “Bring Home Some Sunshine and Win” contest which will run from November 8-22, 2012, with the grand prize winner announced on Dec. 17, 2012. Contestants’ “before and after” photos must be submitted to www.facebook.com/carnival and Carnival will select five finalists based on the quality of their entries. Fans will then vote to select the grand prize winner. Additional information and complete contest rules are available at www.facebook.com/carnival.
Carnival Sunshine will debut April 2013 and will make her debut with a series of European sailings.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings
- Carnival Jubilee Cruise Bookings Open For Sale
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises