Holland America’s ms Eurodam received its ninth perfect score of 100 on the health inspection in a row. This is the first time in the company’s history that a ship has received this distinction.
Eurodam’s unannounced US Public Health inspection was held on October 25 during a turn-around call in Fort Lauderdale, at the beginning of a seven-day cruise. Prior, the ship had received a perfect score this past February.
Also this year, ms Statendam received its third consecutive 100, and ms Noordam, ms Veendam, ms Nieuw Amsterdam, and ms Ryndam also achieved perfect scores. In this year alone, six Holland America ships received a total of nine perfect scores.
The scores are assigned based on a checklist involving dozens of areas, encompassing hygiene and sanitation of food, water, galley cleanliness, shipboard personnel, and the ship as a whole. Every ship is inspected twice a year unannounced by the US Public Health Service, and when ships visit Canadian ports, Heath Canada does their inspection once a year as well.
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — January 26, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]