MSC Cruises has announced that their much-anticipated private island will now open in October 2018 instead of November 2017.
Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve is already under construction as planned, and the official groundbreaking ceremony will take place in the presence of the Prime Minister of the Bahamas and other dignitaries on October 6 of this year.
Pierfrancesco Vago, executive chairman of MSC said “As we sat out to finalize construction plans for this…destination, we realized that to ensure the level of quality and attention to details…it was only appropriate to allot a longer time frame.”
MSC Divina and Seaside are both scheduled to call at the island before its new grand opening, so those stops will be substituted with Nassau.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review